Monday, February 16, 2015

UbD Reading

Before reading any of the chapter this week, the pre-writing assignment that we did in class last week had me thinking that I was not familiar with anything that had to do with this week's readings. I was wrong because once I started reading Module A I was immediately brought back to my 406 class with Dr. Kraus. I remember the day he passed out the blank lesson plans sheets and we had to fill in the  blanks. I remember think that this whole working backwards thing was difficult.

After doing the reading this week I have changed my mind. I makes sense when I started to think about it. Just like when you make plans with a friend or family member to do something; don't you have an objective of what you want to do. You don't just hop in a car a drive around aimlessly.

As a teacher I need to set a goal of what I want my students to learn and then create lesson plans working toward that big idea. Breaking lessons up into smaller pieces in order to achieve the main goal.

So I may have been skeptical about this process a semester ago, I really do not have a problem with it anymore. I also really liked how these readings were organized, it helped make difficult concepts much easier for me to understand. I could not find anything I really did not agree with or stuck out to me as being a bad idea.


A little bit of backward design could have saved this boy a lot of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment